7 Important Things to Look For and Avoid in Organic Skin Care Products
It seems like every time you turn your head, someone’s gone organic. The same holds true for skin care. Organic skin care is getting very popular because more and more people are worried about what they put on their skin.
Using skin care products that contain chemical ingredients has been linked to a variety of health problems as well as bad skin. What is the point of spending time and money on skin care if you aren’t going to get the results you want and you put your health at risk to boot?
Many people are going natural in order to achieve younger, healthier, and more beautiful skin. The only way to know whether the products you are using are truly natural or not is to look for some important characteristics. Here are 7 of them.
1. Only buy organic skin care products from a company that has signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics. Any company that has signed this compact has pledged not to use any ingredients in their products that are strongly suspected of causing cancer or other health problems.
2. In organic skin care, the only way to know if a product is truly natural is to find out whether it is edible. Products that are safe enough to eat are safe enough to put on your skin because they get absorbed and enter your bloodstream.
3. Organic skin care products should contain a high concentration of active ingredients. Make sure that at least 50% of the product is made up of active ingredients because the active ingredients can only have a significant effect when they are used in high concentrations.
4. Look for organic skin care creams with active ingredients that combat the three causes of aging skin if you want skin that is younger looking and more beautiful. Ingredients like phytessence wakame, coenzyme Q10 in the nano-emulsion form, and functional keratin fight the three main causes of aging which are the loss of collagen, the loss of hyaluronic acid, and the damage done by free radicals.
5. Make sure the organic skin care products you are interested do not contain any synthetic chemical ingredients whatsoever. Avoid ingredients such as mineral oil, which clogs your pores and causes photosensitivity, acne, and more. Also avoid parabens, which can cause cancer and interfere with your body’s endocrine system.
6. Make sure to use products that are compatible with all skin types. Gentle, effective products in organic skin care are okay to use on all skin types because they do not contain any harsh ingredients that can irritate sensitive skin. They also contain natural ingredients that balance sebum so your skin is never too oily or too dry.
7. Organic skin care products that contain an SPF factor should be avoided. You may have been trained to believe that products with an SPF factor are necessary if you want to prevent skin cancer but the truth is that the chemicals in SPF factors can actually cause skin cancer.
So what are you waiting for? Make the change and get started with organic skin care. Use this information to guide you in finding products that are effective, natural, and affordable. For more beautiful skin, go organic!